Sunday, November 30, 2014

Customs in India

Sometimes we don't like customs and beliefs in our festivals, our temples or in our society. The way we celebrate, the time we spend in rituals or festivals. If we go to temple, at least half day will go in queue and some money for buying and parking. And in house if some festival comes, we involve full day. And regarding beliefs, if we cross some river, we need to put some money. And while travelling in train if  transgender comes,we should give money, if we don't something bad will happen!!

One day I was travelling in train, a  transgender came  for asking money. Generally I give money, I don't know why, may be I don't want to  create some scene. And sometimes I think because of God's mistake we need to end up in paying some money! this is the one of reason I don't believe in God! That day in train I was in last seat of the last bogie, so she was waiting for next station. Generally I don't speak with them, but that lady was good, she was not forcing anyone to give money. Just she was requesting. So I thought of talking with her.

I asked her, What did you study, she told she left schooling at 3rd standard, though parents were rich and they left her alone in train. It was a long story. but the point I wanted to discuss here is about her earnings. She told, daily she would able to collect 500 to 600, out of which she could able to save daily 400Rs in pvt bank for her savings. Yeah that sounds good, later I asked do people give money without any hesitation ? yeah she told some ppl give happily believing that something good will happen. Yes here may be our customs or beliefs helping such persons.

Then I started realising in temples and festivals how many people are getting help. And when I dig more into it, I came to know that 17% of retailers are depend upon Indian festivals and rituals. Be it be sculptures in Ganesha fest, poojaris in temples, small shops near temples, beggars, sadhus, drivers, even government and many more people. Country cannot provide jobs to all, at least here in our country people are engaged in such works...!

 Hope westernisation will not affect these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment